Monday, October 20th, 8:00 am – Location: Holiday Inn Express Cost: $15/ Person
Valuing Small Business Contributions to the Community- Come join us for a hot buffet breakfast while you mix and mingle with others. MHA, Dwight Ball will be our guest speaker.
DEER LAKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BUSINESS RESOURCE OPEN HOUSE
Wednesday, October 22nd, 10am – 2pm – Location: Grand Lake Centre of Economic Development
Drop in, say hello, fill out a ballot to win some great draw prizes. This is a great opportunity to Network and browse through our Member’s brochures and pamphlets. Representatives from the Business Development Bank of Canada, Newfoundland & Labrador Organization of Women Entrepreneurs, the Department of Advanced Education & Skills, ACOA, The Department of Business, Tourism, Culture & Rural Development, the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, The Western Star, Eagle River Credit Union, Canada Business Network, CBDC Humber and The Town of Deer Lake Economic Development Officer will be there to answer any questions you may have regarding the various programs and opportunities available to Small Business. There will be a series of 30 minute presentations by various Business Resource Representatives in attendance taking place throughout the event as well.
ALL WELCOME, No Cost to attend.
For a detailed schedule of presentations please see website www.deerlakechamber.com
For more information contact:
Terrilynn Robbins, Deer Lake Chamber of Commerce
Phone 635-3260 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Opposition Critic for Department of Finance, the Department of Seniors, Wellness and Social Development and the Status of Women
Discussion Topic : Let’s Connect ~ Our Economy
Time: 12:30 – 2pm
Location: Holiday Inn Express, Deer Lake
Price: $25/ person
Limited space available!
RSVP required no later than Monday, October 13th, 2014
This is a great opportunity to network with others and discuss important issues!
Employment Opportunity for Youth
The Deer Lake Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the provincial Department of ADVANCED Education and Skills, is offering the Linkages Program for FOUR Youth for 26 weeks commencing October 6, 2014(tentative Start Date)
ELIGIBIITY CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS
Priority will be given to Youth ages 18 to 30 inclusive who:
- Have completed Level II High School but have been out of Level II a minimum of 6 months
- Are NOT a Graduate of a Post-Secondary program
- Demonstrated limited work experience
- Have not made a successful attachment to the labour market
- Are NOT EI attached(not currently receiving EI Benefits and have not received EI Benefits within the past 3 years; have not received EI maternity or parental benefits within the last five years)
- Are ready for employment
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada
- PROGRAM BENEFITS
- Orientation period
- 13 bi-weekly half day employment/ training related workshops
- 6 months full time insurable(subsidized) employment
- Completion bonus
- EI eligibility
- Possibility of post secondary Sponsorship
- If you meet the criteria for this program, send your cover letter, resume and proof of your level of education to the following by 12pm, October 1, 2014
44 Trans Canada Highway, Box 3686
Deer Lake, NL A8A 2E4 Phone: (709) 635-3260 Fax: (709) 635-4077 email@example.com