Deer Lake & Area Chamber of Commerce
3rd Annual Business & Community Awards
Distinguished Business Leaders INSPIRE others.
Call for Nominations
Nomination Form 2015
Deer Lake and area has grown and continues to thrive, each year welcoming new business and residents to the Humber Valley District. We have a level of excellence in our community that should be recognized and awarded. The following categories outline all sectors, business and individuals, that provide outstanding contributions not only to our community but to our economy.
We will be hosting the 3rd Annual Business & Community Awards & Gala on June 6th, 2015 at 6:30 pm at the Deer Lake Motel. Please come and join us for an evening dinner, auction, socializing and award presentation to help celebrate those individuals and businesses that go the extra mile. A nomination form is available online and submissions may be faxed to 635-4077 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The deadline for submissions is April 30th, 2015.
- Nominations will not be accepted without the name and contact information of the nominator. Any nominations received without the above noted requirements will not be forwarded to the Nomination Committee for consideration. Nominators will not be made public or given to the nominees.
- Nomination forms must be filled out entirely and with an explanation as to why the business or individual is being nominated.
- Nominations will be accepted until the end of the day of April 30th, 2015.
- If only one nomination is received for an award category that nomination will not necessarily be awarded. This is at the discretion of the Nomination Committee.
- Each nominee will be contacted by the Gala Committee for acceptance of nomination. Three finalists for each category will be named by the Nomination Committee and the nominations will be submitted to the Judging Committee for review and selection of recipients.
- At the discretion of the Nomination Committee, no award will be given for a category where nominations do not meet the standard criteria.
- All businesses and individuals in the community are eligible for nomination.
- Nominations must be received by April 30th, 2015 to be acknowledged in the Awards Ceremony on June 6th, 2015.
Photographs or video clip of finalists will be requested and shown during the awards ceremony. We have limited seating and tickets available for the event. To purchase your tickets please contact the Deer Lake Chamber of Commerce. There are also limited sponsorship opportunities available for award presentations and table sponsors.
Business of the Year Award
Do you know a business that has shown outstanding achievement in growth, innovation, leadership, provides great customer service & satisfaction, contributes to the spirit of the town, has outstanding employee retention, and contributes economically and socially?
If so, recognize this Business by nominating them for Business of the Year Award.
Entrepreneur of the Year Award
Do you know a business/ business owner, new or existing, who in the past 12 months have developed their business to meet changing community and consumer demands, they provide great customer service & satisfaction, contributes to the spirit of the town, has outstanding employee retention, and contributes economically and socially?
If so, recognize this entrepreneur by nominating them for the Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Employer of the Year Award
Do you currently or have you previously worked for an employer that you found a joy to work for. This employer provides great benefits, work scheduling flexibility, has spirit, creates a team environment, shows appreciation and treats everyone with respect?
If so, recognize this employer by nominating them for the Employer of the Year Award.
Employee of the Year Award
Do you have an employee that provides superior customer service and satisfaction, works well within a team, has outstanding attendance, and is dependable and whose overall personality and drive contributes to your business success?
If so, recognize this employee by nominating them for the Employee of the Year Award.
Customer Service Award
Do you know a local business, its management and staff that demonstrates quality customer service, they provide helpful and efficient service and are dedicated customer satisfaction and willing to go the extra mile?
If so, recognize them by nominating them for the Customer Service Award.
Community Spirit Award
Do you know an individual who is always involved in the community? Someone who individually volunteers their time with community groups and or organizations? Someone who often helps or advocates for people in need? Someone whose spirit engages those around them?
If so recognize this person by nominating them for the Community Spirit Award
Business Years of Service/ Special Recognition Award – Sponsored by Town of Deer Lake
The Town of Deer Lake will also recognize local business that has been in operation for 25 years or more and those who have made a significant contribution to the community. Out of admiration and appreciation we will honor their contribution to our community and economy.
For more information please contact Terrilynn Robbins
Deer Lake Chamber of Commerce – email@example.com