CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Deer Lake has grown and continues to thrive, each year welcoming new business and residents to the Humber Valley District. We have a level of excellence in our community that should be recognized and awarded. The following categories outline all sectors, business and individuals, that provide outstanding contributions not only to our community but to our economy.
We will be hosting the 1st annual Business & Community Awards & Gala on April 20th 2013 at 6:30 pm. Please come and join us for an evening dinner, auction, socializing and award presentation to help celebrate those individuals and businesses that go the extra mile. A nomination form is available online and submissions may be faxed to 635-4077. The deadline for submissions is January 31st.
1. Nominations will not be accepted without the name and contact information of the nominator. Any nominations received without the above noted requirements will not be forwarded to the Nomination Committee for consideration. Nominators will not be made public or given to the nominees.
2. Nomination forms must be filled out entirely and with an explanation as to why the business or individual is being nominated.
3. Nominations will be accepted until the end of the day of January 31st.
4. If only one nomination is received for an award category that nomination will not necessarily be awarded. This is at the discretion of the Nomination Committee.
5. Each nominee will be contacted by the Gala Committee for acceptance of nomination. Three finalists for each category will be named by the Nomination Committee. The three finalists will be given notification of the same.
6. At the discretion of the Nomination Committee, no award will be given for a category where nominations do not meet the standard criteria.
7. All businesses and individuals in the community are eligible for nomination.
8. Nominations must be received by January 31st, to be acknowledged in the Awards Ceremony on April 20th.
Photographs or video clip of finalists will be requested and shown during the awards ceremony.
Business of the year award
Do you know a business that provides great customer service & Satisfaction, contributes to the spirit of the town, has outstanding employee retention, contributes economically and socially, and whose roots have been planted for over three (3) years in our community? If so recognize this entrepreneur by nominating them for business of the year award.
Rising Star Business award
Do you know a business that provides great customer service & Satisfaction, contributes to the spirit of the town, has outstanding employee retention, contributes economically and socially, and whose roots have been planted for less than three (3) years in our community?
If so recognize this entrepreneur by nominating them for the Rising Star business award.
Employer of the year award
Do you currently or have you previously worked for an employer that you found a joy to work for. This employer provides great benefits, work scheduling flexibility, has spirit, creates a team environment, shows appreciation and treats everyone with respect.
If so, recognize this employer by nominating them for the employer of the year award.
Employee of the year award
Do you have an employee that provides superior customer service and satisfaction, works well within a team, has outstanding attendance, is dependable and whose overall personality and drive contributes to your business success?
If, so recognize this employee by nominating them for the employee of the year award.
Individual Community Spirit award – Sponsored by Town of Deer Lake
Do you know someone who is always involved in the community? Someone who individually volunteers their time with community groups and or organizations? Someone who often helps or advocates for people in need? Someone whose spirit engages those around them?
If so recognize this person by nominating them for the individual community spirit award.
Business Years of Service – Sponsored by Town of Deer Lake
We will also recognize local business that has been in operation for 25 years or more. Out of admiration and appreciation we will honor their contribution to our community and economy .
We have limited seating and tickets available for the event. To reserve your table or seating please contact the Deer Lake Chamber of Commerce or one of the Gala committee members.
There are also limited sponsorship opportunities are available for table sponsors.
Deer Lake Chamber of Commerce – email@example.com
635-3260 Office 635-4077 Fax
Gala Committee members
Angie Parsons – Royal K9
Amanda Freake – Scotiabank
Terri Lynn Robbins – Robbins Enterprises
Roseann White– Holiday Inn Express
635- 3232 Office
Tina Barry-Keith – Scotiabank
635- 1132 Office
We would like to THANK our AWARD SPONSORS:
CONSTRUCTION SOLUTIONS, WOODWARDS AUTO GROUP, KEY HOMES & ROYAL K9